Reg: Un delivered mails in mailq

  • kamleshverma
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
      HI All,

      Every day i m seeing hundreds of mails in mailq, all they are having unknown domain name.

      I had changes in my Postfix server but I don't how to restrict this unwanted mails and due that my mail server showing blacklist in public black lists..

      Please find below my postfix configuration:

      Note: Server's host name changed intentionally, to hide identity of mail server

      # See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

      # Debian specific:  Specifying a file name will cause the first
      # line of that file to be used as the name.  The Debian default
      # is /etc/mailname.
      #myorigin = /etc/mailname

      smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
      biff = no

      # appending .domain is the MUA's job.
      append_dot_mydomain = no

      # Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings
      #delay_warning_time = 4h

      readme_directory = no

      #disable_dns_lookups = yes
      #relayhost = 192.168.1.1

      # TLS parameters
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/smtpd.crt
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/smtpd.key
      smtpd_use_tls=yes

      # See /usr/share/doc/postfix/TLS_README.gz in the postfix-doc package for
      # information on enabling SSL in the smtp client.

      myhostname = abc.test.com
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
      myorigin = /etc/mailname
      mydestination = abc.test.com, localhost
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 192.168.0.0/16
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      recipient_delimiter = +
      inet_interfaces = all
      inet_protocols = ipv4
      home_mailbox = Maildir/

      # Deepak: the last part of following line is important
      mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION" DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

      smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,reject_invalid_hostname,reject_non_fqdn_hostname,permit
      smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,hash:/etc/postfix/access
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination,reject_unknown_recipient_domain,reject_non_fqdn_recipient,reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org
      smtp_tls_security_level = may
      smtpd_tls_security_level = may
      smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
      smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
      smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
      smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
      smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom

      --
      From

      Kamlesh Verma

      System Administrator | Srishti Software Application Pvt Ltd

      L-174,6th Sector HSR Layout,Bangalore-560102

      Cell:- +91-9686450284

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
        On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:15:32 +0530
        kamleshverma articulated:

        > Every day i m seeing hundreds of mails in mailq, all they are having
        > unknown domain name.
        >
        > I had changes in my Postfix server but I don't how to restrict this
        > unwanted mails and due that my mail server showing blacklist in
        > public black lists..
        >
        > Please find below my postfix configuration:

        Please review the documentation available at:
        <http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html> and more specifically:
        <http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html#mail> for details on how to
        report problems to Postfix.

        --
        Jerry ✌
        postfix-user@...

        The early worm gets the late bird.
      • Robert Schetterer
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
          Am 21.11.2012 14:45, schrieb kamleshverma:
          > Every day i m seeing hundreds of mails in mailq, all they are having
          > unknown domain name

          how did they get in your server ?
          show logs

          try using

          reject_unknown_sender_domain
          Reject the request when Postfix is not final destination for the
          sender address, and the MAIL FROM domain has 1) no DNS A or MX record,
          or 2) a malformed MX record such as a record with a zero-length MX
          hostname (Postfix version 2.3 and later).
          The unknown_address_reject_code parameter specifies the numerical
          response code for rejected requests (default: 450). The response is
          always 450 in case of a temporary DNS error.
          The unknown_address_tempfail_action parameter specifies the action
          after a temporary DNS error (default: defer_if_permit)

          anyway sometimes users make typos , but these typo domains have A
          entries, therefor simply use an error transport etc

          Best Regards
          MfG Robert Schetterer

          --
          [*] sys4 AG

          http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
          Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

        • Robert Schetterer
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
            Am 21.11.2012 15:46, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
            > Am 21.11.2012 14:45, schrieb kamleshverma:
            >> Every day i m seeing hundreds of mails in mailq, all they are having
            >> unknown domain name
            >
            > how did they get in your server ?
            > show logs
            >
            > try using
            >
            > reject_unknown_sender_domain
            > Reject the request when Postfix is not final destination for the
            > sender address, and the MAIL FROM domain has 1) no DNS A or MX record,
            > or 2) a malformed MX record such as a record with a zero-length MX
            > hostname (Postfix version 2.3 and later).
            > The unknown_address_reject_code parameter specifies the numerical
            > response code for rejected requests (default: 450). The response is
            > always 450 in case of a temporary DNS error.
            > The unknown_address_tempfail_action parameter specifies the action
            > after a temporary DNS error (default: defer_if_permit)

            ups i see you allready use this, so how are you getting these mails
            look in your logs for analyse

            > anyway sometimes users make typos , but these typo domains have A
            > entries, therefor simply use an error transport etc
            >
            > Best Regards
            > MfG Robert Schetterer

            Best Regards
            MfG Robert Schetterer

            --
            [*] sys4 AG

            http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
            Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

          • kamlesh
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 21, 2012
              HI Robert,

              Please find mail.info of my mail server.

              --
              From

              Kamlesh Verma