pcre:header_check

  • prashuppp p
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
      I was trying to HOLD all the emails which has more then 2 recipient's  using  header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks

      /^(Cc|To):([^@]*@){2,}/ HOLD

      But when i try like this it is working below telnet test .
      ------------------------------
      Escape character is '^]'.
      220 lab.example.com ESMTP
      helo test.com
      250 lab.example.com
      mail from:test@...
      250 2.1.0 Ok
      rcpt to:test@...
      250 2.1.5 Ok
      rcpt to:root@...
      250 2.1.5 Ok
      rcpt to:test@...
      250 2.1.5 Ok
      data
      354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
      From:test@...
      To:test@...;root@...;test@...
      .
      250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as D81653B33

       D81653B33: hold: header To:test@...;root@...;test@... from lab.example.com[192.168.1.12]; from=<test@...> to=<test@...> proto=SMTP helo=<test.com>

      ------------------------------

      But not working for the below telnet test.For envelope sender it is not taking effect.
      ---------------------------
      Escape character is '^]'.
      220 lab.example.com ESMTP
      helo test.com
      250 lab.example.com
      mail from:test@...
      250 2.1.0 Ok
      rcpt to:test@...
      250 2.1.5 Ok
      rcpt to:root@...
      250 2.1.5 Ok
      rcpt to:test@...
      250 2.1.5 Ok
      data
      354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
      .
      250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 5482C3B35
      ---------------------------
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
        * prashuppp p <prashanthpnair84@...>:
        > I was trying to HOLD all the emails which has more then 2 recipient's
        > using header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks
        >
        > /^(Cc|To):([^@]*@){2,}/ HOLD

        header_checks only apply (AS THE NAME SAYS!) to... the headers.
        No header, no match.

        --
        [*] sys4 AG

        http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
        Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

      • prashanth p
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
          ok..great..Is there any other method to do for envelope also..I need it for both..

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
            * prashanth p <prashanthpnair84@...>:
            > ok..great..Is there any other method to do for envelope also..I need it for
            > both..

            You'd need a policy_daemon for that. Didn't you ask that before?
            postfwd can easily do that.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
              yes,But am authorized to use only inbuilt mechanism. That's the reason i have choosed header_check.But later i came to know that as it name indicate's it can do only header .

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
                prashuppp p:
                > I was trying to HOLD all the emails which has more then 2 recipient's
                > using header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks

                Use the SMTPD policy plug-in interface. What you ask
                for will not be implemented in Postfix.

                Wietse
              • prashanth p
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
                  i know scripting,so do you refer me any good document or web link on writing SMTPD policy scripts ?

                  On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                  prashuppp p:
                  > I was trying to HOLD all the emails which has more then 2 recipient's
                  > using  header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks

                  Use the SMTPD policy plug-in interface. What you ask
                  for will not be implemented in Postfix.

                          Wietse

                • /dev/rob0
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012

                    On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 06:49:00PM +0530, prashanth p wrote:
                    > i know scripting,so do you refer me any good document or web link
                    > on writing SMTPD policy scripts ?

                    This page documents the protocol:

                    A simple example is included in the source code tarball. More
                    advanced examples can be found in the various third-party policy
                    projects, e.g., postfwd to which you have been pointed.

                    http://www.postfix.org/addon.html#policy