Re: ..:: Postfix authentication requered for relay ::..

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2012
      On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:39:52PM -0600,
      Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
      > >>The SASL auth is working on the smtpd server and it works
      > >>fine, but when we try to send anything from the other
      > >>server we don't even see the login attempt.
      > >
      > >So...what does the postfix log say on the sending side ?
      > >
      > >If an SASL connection is made, this will be logged.
      > >
      > There's no connection at all,

      If the logs show no AUTH attempt, the client did not attempt to
      authenticate.

      > the log says: relay acces denied.

      This is what you wanted, right -- to prevent unauthenticated
      relaying?

      > On the other side we have the sasl working and we have
      > authentication logs but not from that server. I think somehow
      > it is not taking the sasl configuration.
      >
      > Any ideas?

      If the client which should authenticate is Postfix:

      http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_enable

      If not, seek support for it in an appropriate place.