Re: smtp authentication

  • Muhammad Yousuf Khan
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2012
      On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      > Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
      >> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      >> > Muhammad Yousuf Khan:

      >> > As documented, with
      >> >
      >> > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated reject
      >>
      >> ok i made the changes. its kinda work but now it is asking for
      >> password and it is not authenticating with email sender user and
      >> password. what kind of password does it requires?
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
      thanks for the document but for a person like me very new and fresh it
      is way too much complex document to understand.

      actually the point is i already configured mail server i can send
      receive emails. and i thought posfix should have prompt me for PAM
      password and i can authenticate all the user for smtp password like
      all the ISPs are doing.. however it do not happened.

      what is the purpose of SASL my outlook got a certificate and now
      password is working only for IMAP not for smtp. what is the benefit of
      it.