Re: relay to remote server with tls failed: timeout while receiving greeting

  • hx
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2012
      2012/11/10 Noel Jones <njones@...>
      On 11/9/2012 9:31 PM, hx wrote:
      > hi,
      >
      > I want to setup postfix to relay all emails to a remote smtp server
      > with tls,
      > but I got such errors:
      >
      > relay=smtp.exmail.qq.com
      > <http://smtp.exmail.qq.com>[183.60.55.48]:587, delay=885,
      > delays=285/0.11/601/0, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (conversation with
      > smtp.exmail.qq.com <http://smtp.exmail.qq.com>[183.60.55.48] timed
      > out while receiving the initial server greeting)
      > : smtp_stream_setup: maxtime=300 enable_deadline=0
      > : smtp_get: timeout

      It appears that server does not implement standard STARTTLS on port
      587, but rather uses the equivalent of smtpd_tls_wrappermode.

      The only way to connect to such a host with postfix is to use
      something similar to
      http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_smtps

        -- Noel Jones

      seems I must use stunnel,