Re: weird problem

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2012
      Pruniaux Ghislain:
      > Hello,
      >
      > We upgrade our postfix with ssl/auth connection.
      > postfix-2.3.3-2.3.el5_6 centos 5 32bits to
      > postfix-2.6.6-2.2.el6_1.x86_64 centos 6 64bits
      > Some user said that they must click 2 times on send email for their
      > email to be sended. (first time say : could not contact server) .. but
      > it work for 90% of user (it worked perfectly on old centos 5 postfix)
      >
      > Most are on windows XP with thunderbird, in our IT network we could not
      > reproduce problem... with a native XP or VirtualBox XP.
      > Sylpheed work with no problem on the windows XP where thunderbird fail
      > :( , and it's not work too at user home and work office for those user.
      >
      > I'am lost ..
      >
      > Thanks for your help

      Look for warning/fatal messages in the mail logfiles.
      http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging

      Restore the old Postfix configuration files, then execute as root:

      # postfix stop
      # postconf upgrade-configuration
      # postfix start

      Postfix goes through great effort to preserve compatibility, but
      that requires running "postconf upgrade-configuration" over the old
      Postfix configuration files.