Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

  • intelligent me
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      Thanks to all my problem is solved
    • The Stovebolt Geek
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        --On October 1, 2012 8:37:27 AM -0700 intelligent me
        <intelligentme1987@...> wrote:

        > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective
        > as many providers use this.

        The fact that many providers use it is not evidence of effectiveness. It's
        evidence of popularity. I'd wager that no one has even bothered to measure
        its effectiveness.

        Paul Schmehl (geek@...)
        The Stovebolt Geek
        The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
        Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
        http://www.stovebolt.com
      • Futchko, Rose
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          I have a question for this POSTFIX group dealing with SPAM. We currently
          have a Postfix - Mailman - SYMANTEC Cloud (VIRUS / SPAM FILTER)
          configuration.

          The Mailman service works well, as does basic mail for local Postfix
          users, plus we have some alias names redirecting to other email
          addresses. If mail is posted to a list, alias or to a user, it gets
          archived and sent.

          However, I am getting some failure notices for deliveries which appear
          to be bypassing Mailman, yet using the Mailman-bounces@... address
          to be delivered to external users. The reason I am stating that the
          email bypasses Mailman is the following:

          1) the message is not in the archives
          2) the sender is not an authorized subscriber to the list
          3) this is a moderated list and the message is not held

          Copied below is the response I am getting back from an end user (who is
          a valid subscriber in the list). Can someone please advise if, in your
          opinion, this is happening in Postfix -- or should I go back to the
          Mailman board for help.

          Thank you,
          Rose

          74.6.136.244 failed after I sent the message.
          Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
          See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

          Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0500

          ***this is the address not in the subscriber list in Mailman****

          From: LinkedIn Connections <connections@...>
          To: southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner
          <southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner@...>
          Subject: You have been sent a file (Filename: Southeastern-77.pdf)
          Sender: mailman-bounces@...

          ------=_Part_2150247_0592058419.0191594892197

          ****this is the spam email text being blocked *****
          Sendspace File Delivery Notification:You've got a file called
          Southeastern-9271623.pdf, (357.42 KB) waiting to be downloaded at
          sendspace