Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      Am 01.10.2012 17:39, schrieb Reindl Harald:
      > *bruhahaha* *effective*
      > proven by what?
      >
      > Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
      >> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
      >>
      >> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
      >>
      >> On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
      >>
      >> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
      >> smtp server.
      >> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
      >> who do not spam".
      >> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
      >> line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
      >> this.
      >>

      >> If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
      >> mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
      >> and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.

      adding lines in mail body, may brake i.e dkim signatures etc , be aware
      of this, use altermime stand alone or with amavis, best way to do this
      is at mail create time/place however

      practise by other big mailers is add some lines if using their webmail
      client only , cause altermime may fail finding the end in mail body part
      and place your line different cause of different mail clients in the wild
      problems with crypto mail are also thinkable

      however i dont think that lines make sense at all, freemailers
      use them as marketing mostly

      --
      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        Thanks to all my problem is solved
      • The Stovebolt Geek
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          --On October 1, 2012 8:37:27 AM -0700 intelligent me
          <intelligentme1987@...> wrote:

          > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective
          > as many providers use this.

          The fact that many providers use it is not evidence of effectiveness. It's
          evidence of popularity. I'd wager that no one has even bothered to measure
          its effectiveness.

          Paul Schmehl (geek@...)
          The Stovebolt Geek
          The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
          Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
          http://www.stovebolt.com
        • Futchko, Rose
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
            I have a question for this POSTFIX group dealing with SPAM. We currently
            have a Postfix - Mailman - SYMANTEC Cloud (VIRUS / SPAM FILTER)
            configuration.

            The Mailman service works well, as does basic mail for local Postfix
            users, plus we have some alias names redirecting to other email
            addresses. If mail is posted to a list, alias or to a user, it gets
            archived and sent.

            However, I am getting some failure notices for deliveries which appear
            to be bypassing Mailman, yet using the Mailman-bounces@... address
            to be delivered to external users. The reason I am stating that the
            email bypasses Mailman is the following:

            1) the message is not in the archives
            2) the sender is not an authorized subscriber to the list
            3) this is a moderated list and the message is not held

            Copied below is the response I am getting back from an end user (who is
            a valid subscriber in the list). Can someone please advise if, in your
            opinion, this is happening in Postfix -- or should I go back to the
            Mailman board for help.

            Thank you,
            Rose

            74.6.136.244 failed after I sent the message.
            Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
            See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

            Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0500

            ***this is the address not in the subscriber list in Mailman****

            From: LinkedIn Connections <connections@...>
            To: southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner
            <southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner@...>
            Subject: You have been sent a file (Filename: Southeastern-77.pdf)
            Sender: mailman-bounces@...

            ------=_Part_2150247_0592058419.0191594892197

            ****this is the spam email text being blocked *****
            Sendspace File Delivery Notification:You've got a file called
            Southeastern-9271623.pdf, (357.42 KB) waiting to be downloaded at
            sendspace