Re: Can't send mails outside my domain

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
      * Alumno Etsii <todos.somos.yo@...>:
      > 2012/10/1 Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...>
      >
      > > * Alumno Etsii <todos.somos.yo@...>:
      > >
      > > > client.devels.es exists (and resolves), but root@...'t
      > >
      > > $ host client.devels.es
      > > Host client.devels.es not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
      >
      > Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it
      > HAVE to exist the DNS registry by imperative?

      If you want to send outside your own domain, yes. Since (almost) everybody
      checks if the sender domain is valid. After all, one cannot reply
      otherwise...

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
        Am 01.10.2012 19:00, schrieb Alumno Etsii:
        > Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it HAVE to exist the DNS registry by
        > imperative?

        the RCPT server does "sender verification"
        so it connects to the MX of the sender and starts a mail-converastion
        only if your server says "RCPT OK, send message" the RCPT server
        will accept your message

        this is common

        NEVER EVER send ANY message with a sender for which
        you do not receive e-mail - never!
      • Alumno Etsii
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
          2012/10/1 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>

          Am 01.10.2012 19:00, schrieb Alumno Etsii:
          > Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it HAVE to exist the DNS registry by
          > imperative?

          the RCPT server does "sender verification"
          so it connects to the MX of the sender and starts a mail-converastion
          only if your server says "RCPT OK, send message" the RCPT server
          will accept your message

          this is common

          NEVER EVER send ANY message with a sender for which
          you do not receive e-mail - never!

          Unbelievable I didn't realize such a logic thing... Thank you ALL guys, it's working now!