Re: Can't send mails outside my domain

  • Alumno Etsii
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
      2012/10/1 Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...>
      * Alumno Etsii <todos.somos.yo@...>:

      > client.devels.es exists (and resolves), but root@... doesn't

      $ host client.devels.es
      Host client.devels.es not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
        Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

      Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it HAVE to exist the DNS registry by imperative?
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
        * Alumno Etsii <todos.somos.yo@...>:
        > 2012/10/1 Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...>
        >
        > > * Alumno Etsii <todos.somos.yo@...>:
        > >
        > > > client.devels.es exists (and resolves), but root@...'t
        > >
        > > $ host client.devels.es
        > > Host client.devels.es not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
        >
        > Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it
        > HAVE to exist the DNS registry by imperative?

        If you want to send outside your own domain, yes. Since (almost) everybody
        checks if the sender domain is valid. After all, one cannot reply
        otherwise...

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt
        Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
        Campus Benjamin Franklin
        Hindenburgdamm 30 | D-12203 Berlin
        Tel. +49 30 450 570 155 | Fax: +49 30 450 570 962
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
          Am 01.10.2012 19:00, schrieb Alumno Etsii:
          > Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it HAVE to exist the DNS registry by
          > imperative?

          the RCPT server does "sender verification"
          so it connects to the MX of the sender and starts a mail-converastion
          only if your server says "RCPT OK, send message" the RCPT server
          will accept your message

          this is common

          NEVER EVER send ANY message with a sender for which
          you do not receive e-mail - never!
        • Alumno Etsii
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
            2012/10/1 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...>

            Am 01.10.2012 19:00, schrieb Alumno Etsii:
            > Well, I meant in the local 'mail' server, it actually resolves. Or does it HAVE to exist the DNS registry by
            > imperative?

            the RCPT server does "sender verification"
            so it connects to the MX of the sender and starts a mail-converastion
            only if your server says "RCPT OK, send message" the RCPT server
            will accept your message

            this is common

            NEVER EVER send ANY message with a sender for which
            you do not receive e-mail - never!

            Unbelievable I didn't realize such a logic thing... Thank you ALL guys, it's working now!