Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

      the negative attidtude is simple:

      frustration about the crap of long signatures, footers
      and disclaimers in mails repeated 20 times until you
      need a lense to find the message content in a longer
      conversation

      nobody cares about all this crap, it is only wasting
      ressources and makes it harder to reply because you
      have more work with cleaning up mails than write
      your reply

      Am 01.10.2012 17:22, schrieb Pat Erler:
      > sorry for the footer.
      >
      > I don't ask for a postifx tool but hope of an answer of a postifx user with a slightly more positive attitude, who
      > had the same problem.
      >
      > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@... <mailto:h.reindl@...>> wrote:
      >

      > Am 01.10.2012 16:54, schrieb achal:
      > > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
      > > smtp server
      >
      > postfix is a MTA and does not mangle messages
      >
      > > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
      > > who do not spam".
      > > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services
      >
      > you really think you prevent anybody from anything with footers?
      > this is as useless as all the disclaimers runnign around day for day
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        what the hell did you not understand in

        PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
        PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

        better take your fingers off mailserver-administration as long
        you are unable to look at the target of your own mails

        --

        Reindl Harald
        the lounge interactive design GmbH

        http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm
      • Mark Goodge
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
          > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
          > smtp server.
          > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
          > who do not spam".
          > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
          > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
          > this.

          If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your
          users send spam. If you're providing mail services to third parties then
          you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids
          spam, and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about
          spam.

          Mark
          --
          Sent from my Turing-Flowers Colossus
          http://mark.goodge.co.uk

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
              *bruhahaha* *effective*
              proven by what?

              Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
              > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
              >
              > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
              >
              > On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
              >
              > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
              > smtp server.
              > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
              > who do not spam".
              > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
              > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
              > this.
              >

              > If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
              > mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
              > and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.
            • Benny Pedersen
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                achal skrev den 01-10-2012 16:54:
                > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix
                > centos 5
                > smtp server.

                thanks for trying to make spammers aware of freedomains

                > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to
                > those
                > who do not spam".

                what if thay do, do thay so need to pay ?

                > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want
                > this
                > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way
                > to do
                > this.

                amavisd-new with altermime

                post if its solves the spamming problem
              • Robert Schetterer
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                  Am 01.10.2012 17:39, schrieb Reindl Harald:
                  > *bruhahaha* *effective*
                  > proven by what?
                  >
                  > Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
                  >> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
                  >>
                  >> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
                  >> smtp server.
                  >> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
                  >> who do not spam".
                  >> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
                  >> line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
                  >> this.
                  >>

                  >> If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
                  >> mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
                  >> and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.

                  adding lines in mail body, may brake i.e dkim signatures etc , be aware
                  of this, use altermime stand alone or with amavis, best way to do this
                  is at mail create time/place however

                  practise by other big mailers is add some lines if using their webmail
                  client only , cause altermime may fail finding the end in mail body part
                  and place your line different cause of different mail clients in the wild
                  problems with crypto mail are also thinkable

                  however i dont think that lines make sense at all, freemailers
                  use them as marketing mostly

                  --
                  Best Regards
                  MfG Robert Schetterer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                    Thanks to all my problem is solved
                  • The Stovebolt Geek
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                      --On October 1, 2012 8:37:27 AM -0700 intelligent me
                      <intelligentme1987@...> wrote:

                      > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective
                      > as many providers use this.

                      The fact that many providers use it is not evidence of effectiveness. It's
                      evidence of popularity. I'd wager that no one has even bothered to measure
                      its effectiveness.

                      Paul Schmehl (geek@...)
                      The Stovebolt Geek
                      The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
                      Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
                      http://www.stovebolt.com
                    • Futchko, Rose
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                        I have a question for this POSTFIX group dealing with SPAM. We currently
                        have a Postfix - Mailman - SYMANTEC Cloud (VIRUS / SPAM FILTER)
                        configuration.

                        The Mailman service works well, as does basic mail for local Postfix
                        users, plus we have some alias names redirecting to other email
                        addresses. If mail is posted to a list, alias or to a user, it gets
                        archived and sent.

                        However, I am getting some failure notices for deliveries which appear
                        to be bypassing Mailman, yet using the Mailman-bounces@... address
                        to be delivered to external users. The reason I am stating that the
                        email bypasses Mailman is the following:

                        1) the message is not in the archives
                        2) the sender is not an authorized subscriber to the list
                        3) this is a moderated list and the message is not held

                        Copied below is the response I am getting back from an end user (who is
                        a valid subscriber in the list). Can someone please advise if, in your
                        opinion, this is happening in Postfix -- or should I go back to the
                        Mailman board for help.

                        Thank you,
                        Rose

                        74.6.136.244 failed after I sent the message.
                        Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
                        See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

                        Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0500

                        ***this is the address not in the subscriber list in Mailman****

                        From: LinkedIn Connections <connections@...>
                        To: southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner
                        <southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner@...>
                        Subject: You have been sent a file (Filename: Southeastern-77.pdf)
                        Sender: mailman-bounces@...

                        ------=_Part_2150247_0592058419.0191594892197

                        ****this is the spam email text being blocked *****
                        Sendspace File Delivery Notification:You've got a file called
                        Southeastern-9271623.pdf, (357.42 KB) waiting to be downloaded at
                        sendspace