Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

      yes, better do this outside of postfix because you
      sould be caeful not mangle incoming messages too
      and consider how to make sure that in a longer
      conversation your footer is not included 10 times

      however, this all makes no sense in the real world and is only
      additional crap in messages nobody cares the same way you not
      care post your reply not on top after you got one at the bottom
      or how to reply on a mailing-list

      Am 01.10.2012 17:19, schrieb intelligent me:
      > I am also going to add a link in my emails as "for all spam complaints email at "abuse@...
      > <mailto:abuse@...>".this is also in body of email.I am doing this as less people see the headers of an
      > email and mostly they view the email body and subject. If not by postfix then can it be done by php as i use
      > interspire mail marketer.
      >
      > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@... <mailto:h.reindl@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Am 01.10.2012 16:54, schrieb achal:
      > > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
      > > smtp server
      >
      > postfix is a MTA and does not mangle messages
      >
      > > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
      > > who do not spam".
      > > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services
      >
      > you really think you prevent anybody from anything with footers?
      > this is as useless as all the disclaimers runnign around day for day
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
        PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

        the negative attidtude is simple:

        frustration about the crap of long signatures, footers
        and disclaimers in mails repeated 20 times until you
        need a lense to find the message content in a longer
        conversation

        nobody cares about all this crap, it is only wasting
        ressources and makes it harder to reply because you
        have more work with cleaning up mails than write
        your reply

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          what the hell did you not understand in

          PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
          PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

          better take your fingers off mailserver-administration as long
          you are unable to look at the target of your own mails

          --

          Reindl Harald
          the lounge interactive design GmbH

          http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm
        • Mark Goodge
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
            On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
            > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
            > smtp server.
            > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
            > who do not spam".
            > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
            > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
            > this.

            If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your
            users send spam. If you're providing mail services to third parties then
            you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids
            spam, and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about
            spam.

            Mark
            --
            Sent from my Turing-Flowers Colossus
            http://mark.goodge.co.uk

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                *bruhahaha* *effective*
                proven by what?

                Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
                > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
                >
                > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
                >
                > On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
                >
                > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
                > smtp server.
                > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
                > who do not spam".
                > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
                > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
                > this.
                >

                > If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
                > mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
                > and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.
              • Benny Pedersen
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                  achal skrev den 01-10-2012 16:54:
                  > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix
                  > centos 5
                  > smtp server.

                  thanks for trying to make spammers aware of freedomains

                  > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to
                  > those
                  > who do not spam".

                  what if thay do, do thay so need to pay ?

                  > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want
                  > this
                  > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way
                  > to do
                  > this.

                  amavisd-new with altermime

                  post if its solves the spamming problem
                • Robert Schetterer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                    Am 01.10.2012 17:39, schrieb Reindl Harald:
                    > *bruhahaha* *effective*
                    > proven by what?
                    >
                    > Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
                    >> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
                    >>
                    >> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
                    >>
                    >> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
                    >> smtp server.
                    >> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
                    >> who do not spam".
                    >> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
                    >> line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
                    >> this.
                    >>

                    >> If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
                    >> mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
                    >> and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.

                    adding lines in mail body, may brake i.e dkim signatures etc , be aware
                    of this, use altermime stand alone or with amavis, best way to do this
                    is at mail create time/place however

                    practise by other big mailers is add some lines if using their webmail
                    client only , cause altermime may fail finding the end in mail body part
                    and place your line different cause of different mail clients in the wild
                    problems with crypto mail are also thinkable

                    however i dont think that lines make sense at all, freemailers
                    use them as marketing mostly

                    --
                    Best Regards
                    MfG Robert Schetterer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                      Thanks to all my problem is solved
                    • The Stovebolt Geek
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                        --On October 1, 2012 8:37:27 AM -0700 intelligent me
                        <intelligentme1987@...> wrote:

                        > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective
                        > as many providers use this.

                        The fact that many providers use it is not evidence of effectiveness. It's
                        evidence of popularity. I'd wager that no one has even bothered to measure
                        its effectiveness.

                        Paul Schmehl (geek@...)
                        The Stovebolt Geek
                        The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
                        Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
                        http://www.stovebolt.com
                      • Futchko, Rose
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                          I have a question for this POSTFIX group dealing with SPAM. We currently
                          have a Postfix - Mailman - SYMANTEC Cloud (VIRUS / SPAM FILTER)
                          configuration.

                          The Mailman service works well, as does basic mail for local Postfix
                          users, plus we have some alias names redirecting to other email
                          addresses. If mail is posted to a list, alias or to a user, it gets
                          archived and sent.

                          However, I am getting some failure notices for deliveries which appear
                          to be bypassing Mailman, yet using the Mailman-bounces@... address
                          to be delivered to external users. The reason I am stating that the
                          email bypasses Mailman is the following:

                          1) the message is not in the archives
                          2) the sender is not an authorized subscriber to the list
                          3) this is a moderated list and the message is not held

                          Copied below is the response I am getting back from an end user (who is
                          a valid subscriber in the list). Can someone please advise if, in your
                          opinion, this is happening in Postfix -- or should I go back to the
                          Mailman board for help.

                          Thank you,
                          Rose

                          74.6.136.244 failed after I sent the message.
                          Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
                          See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

                          Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0500

                          ***this is the address not in the subscriber list in Mailman****

                          From: LinkedIn Connections <connections@...>
                          To: southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner
                          <southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner@...>
                          Subject: You have been sent a file (Filename: Southeastern-77.pdf)
                          Sender: mailman-bounces@...

                          ------=_Part_2150247_0592058419.0191594892197

                          ****this is the spam email text being blocked *****
                          Sendspace File Delivery Notification:You've got a file called
                          Southeastern-9271623.pdf, (357.42 KB) waiting to be downloaded at
                          sendspace