script to adjust file date/time according to mail header?

  • Pat Erler
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      hi,

      I have a server on which a restore job went wrong and all files in Maildir have the date of the restore, not of the file creation. Is there a script to extract the correct date from the mail headers and touch the files itself with the correct date?

      PAT

      --
      Pat Erler
      Gtalk/G+: perler@...

    • /dev/rob0
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
        On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 05:13:56PM +0200, Pat Erler wrote:
        > I have a server on which a restore job went wrong and all files in
        > Maildir have the date of the restore, not of the file creation. Is
        > there a script to extract the correct date from the mail headers
        > and touch the files itself with the correct date?

        If you are, or have access to, a good pythonian or perler (SCNR),
        this would not be difficult to do. But the question is: why does it
        matter? In general a MUA will do sorting based on the headers as
        received from the imapd. Thus I am not aware of any such script. I
        would suggest that you not worry about it.