postfix add a line in body of email.

  • achal
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
      smtp server.
      We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
      who do not spam".
      This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
      line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
      this.

    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        Am 01.10.2012 16:54, schrieb achal:
        > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
        > smtp server

        postfix is a MTA and does not mangle messages

        > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
        > who do not spam".
        > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services

        you really think you prevent anybody from anything with footers?
        this is as useless as all the disclaimers runnign around day for day
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
          PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

          yes, better do this outside of postfix because you
          sould be caeful not mangle incoming messages too
          and consider how to make sure that in a longer
          conversation your footer is not included 10 times

          however, this all makes no sense in the real world and is only
          additional crap in messages nobody cares the same way you not
          care post your reply not on top after you got one at the bottom
          or how to reply on a mailing-list

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
            PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
            PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

            the negative attidtude is simple:

            frustration about the crap of long signatures, footers
            and disclaimers in mails repeated 20 times until you
            need a lense to find the message content in a longer
            conversation

            nobody cares about all this crap, it is only wasting
            ressources and makes it harder to reply because you
            have more work with cleaning up mails than write
            your reply

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
              what the hell did you not understand in

              PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
              PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

              better take your fingers off mailserver-administration as long
              you are unable to look at the target of your own mails

              --

              Reindl Harald
              the lounge interactive design GmbH

              http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm
            • Mark Goodge
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
                > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
                > smtp server.
                > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
                > who do not spam".
                > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
                > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
                > this.

                If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your
                users send spam. If you're providing mail services to third parties then
                you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids
                spam, and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about
                spam.

                Mark
                --
                Sent from my Turing-Flowers Colossus
                http://mark.goodge.co.uk

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                    *bruhahaha* *effective*
                    proven by what?

                    Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
                    > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
                    >
                    > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    > On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
                    >
                    > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
                    > smtp server.
                    > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
                    > who do not spam".
                    > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
                    > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
                    > this.
                    >

                    > If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
                    > mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
                    > and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.
                  • Benny Pedersen
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                      achal skrev den 01-10-2012 16:54:
                      > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix
                      > centos 5
                      > smtp server.

                      thanks for trying to make spammers aware of freedomains

                      > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to
                      > those
                      > who do not spam".

                      what if thay do, do thay so need to pay ?

                      > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want
                      > this
                      > line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way
                      > to do
                      > this.

                      amavisd-new with altermime

                      post if its solves the spamming problem
                    • Robert Schetterer
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                        Am 01.10.2012 17:39, schrieb Reindl Harald:
                        > *bruhahaha* *effective*
                        > proven by what?
                        >
                        > Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
                        >> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
                        >>
                        >> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <mark@... <mailto:mark@...>> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
                        >>
                        >> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
                        >> smtp server.
                        >> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
                        >> who do not spam".
                        >> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
                        >> line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
                        >> this.
                        >>

                        >> If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
                        >> mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
                        >> and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.

                        adding lines in mail body, may brake i.e dkim signatures etc , be aware
                        of this, use altermime stand alone or with amavis, best way to do this
                        is at mail create time/place however

                        practise by other big mailers is add some lines if using their webmail
                        client only , cause altermime may fail finding the end in mail body part
                        and place your line different cause of different mail clients in the wild
                        problems with crypto mail are also thinkable

                        however i dont think that lines make sense at all, freemailers
                        use them as marketing mostly

                        --
                        Best Regards
                        MfG Robert Schetterer
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                          Thanks to all my problem is solved
                        • The Stovebolt Geek
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                            --On October 1, 2012 8:37:27 AM -0700 intelligent me
                            <intelligentme1987@...> wrote:

                            > I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective
                            > as many providers use this.

                            The fact that many providers use it is not evidence of effectiveness. It's
                            evidence of popularity. I'd wager that no one has even bothered to measure
                            its effectiveness.

                            Paul Schmehl (geek@...)
                            The Stovebolt Geek
                            The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
                            Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
                            http://www.stovebolt.com
                          • Futchko, Rose
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
                              I have a question for this POSTFIX group dealing with SPAM. We currently
                              have a Postfix - Mailman - SYMANTEC Cloud (VIRUS / SPAM FILTER)
                              configuration.

                              The Mailman service works well, as does basic mail for local Postfix
                              users, plus we have some alias names redirecting to other email
                              addresses. If mail is posted to a list, alias or to a user, it gets
                              archived and sent.

                              However, I am getting some failure notices for deliveries which appear
                              to be bypassing Mailman, yet using the Mailman-bounces@... address
                              to be delivered to external users. The reason I am stating that the
                              email bypasses Mailman is the following:

                              1) the message is not in the archives
                              2) the sender is not an authorized subscriber to the list
                              3) this is a moderated list and the message is not held

                              Copied below is the response I am getting back from an end user (who is
                              a valid subscriber in the list). Can someone please advise if, in your
                              opinion, this is happening in Postfix -- or should I go back to the
                              Mailman board for help.

                              Thank you,
                              Rose

                              74.6.136.244 failed after I sent the message.
                              Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
                              See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

                              Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0500

                              ***this is the address not in the subscriber list in Mailman****

                              From: LinkedIn Connections <connections@...>
                              To: southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner
                              <southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner@...>
                              Subject: You have been sent a file (Filename: Southeastern-77.pdf)
                              Sender: mailman-bounces@...

                              ------=_Part_2150247_0592058419.0191594892197

                              ****this is the spam email text being blocked *****
                              Sendspace File Delivery Notification:You've got a file called
                              Southeastern-9271623.pdf, (357.42 KB) waiting to be downloaded at
                              sendspace