Re: Mail from relay host being routed internally

  • The Stovebolt Geek
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2012
      --On September 29, 2012 3:26:14 PM -0500 Noel Jones
      <njones@...> wrote:

      > On 9/29/2012 3:02 PM, The Stovebolt Geek wrote:
      >> At least it used to be. Now, no matter who the recipient is, mail
      >> sent from www.stovebolt.com to mail.stovebolt.com is delivered to my
      >> account (geek@...). This is true even from the
      >> commandline doing a manual session.

      >> Sep 29 14:57:56 mail postfix/local[27906]: 8F5DC2F15EF:
      >> to=<geek@...>, orig_to=<geek>, relay=local, delay=0.06,
      >
      > This message was routed to "geek" by the filter.
      >
      >> Here's filter.sh
      >> then
      >> $SENDMAIL geek < out.$$
      >
      > Hmm, looks suspicious.
      >

      > Looks to me your filter is sending all mail to geek. You'll need to
      > diagnose your filter more to find out why its not behaving as intended.

      You were correct, of course. I knew all along the problem was with the
      filter account. Just couldn't figure out where. After reading your
      response I commented out the portion of the script that sent mail to geek.
      The result was a bunch of permissions errors for the spamassassin
      directory. I had forgotten to chown that to filter.

      That fixed the problem. Thanks. You pointed me in the right direction.

      Paul Schmehl (geek@...)
      The Stovebolt Geek
      The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
      Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
      http://www.stovebolt.com