Re: Re: Re: Re: Setup maildir path based on user ID

  • Václav Pernica
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2012
      Wietse Venema:

      > The real solution is to add Oracle support, perhaps in the form
      > of an ODBC driver. I don't use databases. so I can't write that.

      Fully agree! Unfortunately, this is not in my possibilities :-(

      > Here's a workaround for a workaround.
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > virtual_mailbox_maps = tcp:host:port btree:/some/where/virtual_mailbox

      Doesn't work:
      Sep 25 18:20:16 vinc-lxdm postfix/virtual[11834]: fatal: tcp:127.0.0.1:2527 map is not allowed for security sensitive data

      I finally resolved the issue like this:

      1. The inbound mail is redirected to scrip.

      2. The scrip create corresponding virtual_mailbox_map entry and then re-inject the mail via sendmail -G, so the original header From: and To: information is not changed. The re-injected mail is sent to different domain so postfix can distinguish it and apply the virtual mailbox mapping.

      It is not probably the best approach but it works. For me the easiest way would be to use TCP tables, but because of postfix security sensitivity it's not possible.
      I don't know whether it would be complicated to implement, but what about to create new configuration parameter:

      security_sensitivity = disable

      Of course it wouldn't be good idea for system connected to internet etc. but there are cases like my (internal system, which accept only spec. mails from one spec. application) where it would be very useful.

      Thanks a lot Wietse for you help!

      Václav Pernica