Re: Postfix 2.8.x and how to log "summary" into a mysql

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2012
      Josef Karliak:
      > Great, thanks. I'm logging, its easy. I must find variable for
      > inserting "sender" email address into a mysql, hosts, time and
      > recipient is done by your tip. Or anybody knows ?

      In main.cf specify "enable_long_queue_ids = yes" to get unique queue
      identifiers. That will immensely simplify logfile analysis.

      Then extract (perhaps via rsyslog) records with:

      time, queue_id, sender, recipient-count (logged by the qmgr process)
      time, queue_id, recipient, status (logged by delivery agents)

      You may also want these:

      time, queue_id, message-id (logged by the cleanup process)
      time, old_queueid, new_queue_id (logged by the bounce process)

      Based on the unique queue_id information you can then reconstruct
      all Postfix activity related to that message.