headers_check confusion

  • anant@isac.gov.in
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
      Dear List,

      I have following header_check

      /^X-ABC:.*XYZ.*/ DUNNO
      !/^X-ABC:.*XYZ.*/ FILTER smtp:a.b.c.d:yyyy

      I tried these header checks with warn, and only one is getting matched
      based on headers which I send.

      But, what I find is, when actual mail is sent, always second header
      gets activated.

      Even I tried to change the order of header_checks, same result.

      Basically what I want is, if header X-ABC matches, it should deliver
      the mail within the same postfix instance, and if it does not match,
      it should relay to a.b.c.d

      Where I am going wrong?

      Regards,
      Anant.

      message.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
        anant@...:
        > Dear List,
        >
        > I have following header_check
        >
        > /^X-ABC:.*XYZ.*/ DUNNO

        This matches X-ABC: followed by whatever, followed by XYZ.

        > !/^X-ABC:.*XYZ.*/ FILTER smtp:a.b.c.d:yyyy

        This matches ALL OTHER MESSAGE HEADERS.

        Wietse
      • anant@isac.gov.in
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
          Dear All who supported me,

          Especially Wietse Venema, Noel Jones and Mark Martinec and others.

          Final conclusion for me was, header_checks is not the best way to
          handle my problem. Setup separate instances in Postfix and as guided
          by Noel Jones and Mark Martinec setup amavisd-new to listen on
          multiple ports and setup a policy bank.

          This has solved my problem.

          Thanks to these wonderful solutions of Postfix, Amavisd-new, ClamAV
          and SPAMAssassin and many more.

          Regards,
          Anant.

          ----- Message from Wietse Venema <wietse@...> ---------
          Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:13:09 -0400 (EDT)
          From: Wietse Venema <wietse@...>
          Subject: Re: headers_check confusion
          To: anant@...
          Cc: postfix-users@...

          > anant@...:
          >> Dear List,
          >>
          >> I have following header_check
          >>
          >> /^X-ABC:.*XYZ.*/ DUNNO
          >
          > This matches X-ABC: followed by whatever, followed by XYZ.
          >
          >> !/^X-ABC:.*XYZ.*/ FILTER smtp:a.b.c.d:yyyy
          >
          > This matches ALL OTHER MESSAGE HEADERS.
          >
          > Wietse

          ----- End message from Wietse Venema <wietse@...> -----

          message.