Multiple domains, only content-filter and not final destination.

  • Patric Falinder
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm setting up a Postfix server which will act as a spamfilter-server and therefore will not store any mails in mailboxes. It will only scan for spam and relay it to the correct server that I have in a list in my mysql-database.

      I already have one server that does all this but it stores the mailboxes as well so it will put the mail in the actual mailbox. On this server I use all the virtual_mailbox_domains, virtual_mailbox_maps, virtual_alias_maps etc. to let the server know which addresses are accepted and not etc.

      So I was wondering, what kind of configuration do I need to use if I'm not storing the mail on that particular server? In the Postfix documentation it says that the virtual_* is the final destination for the specified list of domains. But in this case it's not the final destination..

      So what config do I use to only accept mail to a specific domain and address if it's not the final destination?

      Thanks,
      -Patric
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
        On 8/31/2012 9:35 AM, Patric Falinder wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm setting up a Postfix server which will act as a
        > spamfilter-server and therefore will not store any mails in
        > mailboxes. It will only scan for spam and relay it to the correct
        > server that I have in a list in my mysql-database.
        >
        > I already have one server that does all this but it stores the
        > mailboxes as well so it will put the mail in the actual mailbox. On
        > this server I use all the virtual_mailbox_domains,
        > virtual_mailbox_maps, virtual_alias_maps etc. to let the server know
        > which addresses are accepted and not etc.
        >
        > So I was wondering, what kind of configuration do I need to use if
        > I'm not storing the mail on that particular server? In the Postfix
        > documentation it says that the virtual_* is the final destination
        > for the specified list of domains. But in this case it's not the
        > final destination..
        >
        > So what config do I use to only accept mail to a specific domain and
        > address if it's not the final destination?
        >

        > Thanks,
        > -Patric

        the domains are listed in $relay_domains, the valid recipients are
        listed in $relay_recipient_maps

      • /dev/rob0
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
          On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 04:35:16PM +0200, Patric Falinder wrote:
          > So I was wondering, what kind of configuration do I need to use if
          > I'm not storing the mail on that particular server? In the Postfix
          > documentation it says that the virtual_* is the final destination
          > for the specified list of domains. But in this case it's not the
          > final destination..

          In addition to what Noel suggested, have a look here:
          http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall
        • Patric Falinder
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
            On 08/31/2012 04:41 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
            > On 8/31/2012 9:35 AM, Patric Falinder wrote:
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> I'm setting up a Postfix server which will act as a
            >> spamfilter-server and therefore will not store any mails in
            >> mailboxes. It will only scan for spam and relay it to the correct
            >> server that I have in a list in my mysql-database.
            >>
            >> I already have one server that does all this but it stores the
            >> mailboxes as well so it will put the mail in the actual mailbox. On
            >> this server I use all the virtual_mailbox_domains,
            >> virtual_mailbox_maps, virtual_alias_maps etc. to let the server know
            >> which addresses are accepted and not etc.
            >>
            >> So I was wondering, what kind of configuration do I need to use if
            >> I'm not storing the mail on that particular server? In the Postfix
            >> documentation it says that the virtual_* is the final destination
            >> for the specified list of domains. But in this case it's not the
            >> final destination..
            >>
            >> So what config do I use to only accept mail to a specific domain and
            >> address if it's not the final destination?
            >>

            >> Thanks,
            >> -Patric
            >
            > the domains are listed in $relay_domains, the valid recipients are
            > listed in $relay_recipient_maps
            > http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html
            >

            > -- Noel Jones
            Thanks a lot guys!