Re: multiple instances of postfix

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2012
      On 8/28/2012 12:57 AM, anant@... wrote:
      > Dear List,
      >
      > right now, in one of my servers, only one instance of postfix is
      > running. This is already integrated with amavisd-new running on the
      > same server.
      >
      > My question is, if I create another instance of postfix, do I need
      > to create another instance of amavisd-new/Clamav?

      amavisd-new can be configured to listen on multiple ports to serve
      other postfix instances. See the amavisd-new docs and release notes
      for details -- look for $inet_socket_port, $forward_method, and
      policy banks. For further help configuring amavisd-new, see the
      amavis-users mail list.

      Clamav should also be able to be shared, but may need additional
      configuratoin depending on how it plugs in to postfix. If you're
      using clamav inside amavisd-new, no changes to clamav are needed.