Re: receiving spam where sender is @mydomain

  • Ilja Beeskow
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2012
      Am 28.08.2012 04:06, schrieb /dev/rob0:
      >[...]
      > Jan said he wanted to reject mail with From: headers of his domain,
      > and that Return-Path: (the envelope sender) was some other address.
      > Your check_sender_access lookup will be applied against the envelope
      > sender address.

      I know you are right. But my experience is spammers try to send as
      user@... because many systems accept it. They don't use a From:
      header. Postfix does it for them. It forms a From: header out of the envelope
      from.

      I would first check this out. I think it would be safer if Jan rejects
      @... from outside. I can't predict if his combination of
      restrictions will do so. Perhaps he wanted but it doesn't work.

      It's just a guess!

      :-)