Re: Quarantine Spam Mails and Notification to User

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2012
      Am 25.07.2012 10:33, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
      > Am 25.07.2012 10:17, schrieb Reindl Harald:
      >>

      >> Am 25.07.2012 04:02, schrieb Marky Yehezkiel [SNC]:
      >>> Hi,
      >>>
      >>> Recently I got request if our mail server can notify the receiver if there is email spam and if the receiver feel
      >>> it genuine email then they can release it by them self. Does postfix can do this? Or does anyone has implement this?
      >>
      >> this has nothing to do with postfix
      >> postfix is only the MTA
      >>
      >> you missed the point where you tell us what spamfilter
      >> you are using at all!
      >>

      > perhaps you like amavis
      >
      > http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
      >
      > -snip
      > quarantining to SQL, to files, or to mailboxes;
      > --snipend

      forgot more snips *g

      --snip

      -- user individuality, quarantine

      can specify subgroups of users who want to receive viruses or spam
      (with alert header fields added, contents optionally pushed to an
      attachment, notifications can still be generated);
      optionally add address extensions to recipient addresses of mail
      carrying viruses or spam, facilitating placement of such mail in
      separate folder at the final delivery stage: e.g. user@domain ->
      user+spam@domain
      can split a message (by clustering to recipient groups of equal
      treatment) if not all recipients in a multi-recipient message require
      the same header insertions/deletions/edits, or the same mail body
      modifications by external sanitation programs or external programs for
      adding disclaimers (such external programs are supported since 2.5.0);
      quarantine options: save to individual files, save to a local
      mailbox file, save to BSMTP files, save to SQL (no arbitrary size
      limitations or large memory requirements), pass to MTA for delivery to a
      quarantine mailbox (possibly remote [not advisable with sendmail/milter
      unless steps are taken to avoid loop]);
      added headers in quarantined messages preserve envelope addresses
      and quarantine id and facilitate releasing quarantined messages; added
      headers also identify the reason for quarantining (virus name or spam
      report);
      provided utility amavisd-release to request (from an amavisd daemon)
      releasing a message from a quarantine; (or use third-party MailZu for
      managing a quarantine);
      can suppress quarantining if spam score is above a configured level;
      quarantining can also be specified for passed clean messages,
      providing an archival capability;

      --snipend

      --
      Best Regards