domain throtting

  • François Yuul
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2012
      Hello,

      Thanks to your advices, i manage to put a throttle by domain by adding

      in my master.cf

      domain1      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
              -o smtp_fallback_relay=
      in my transport :

      domain1.tld    domain1:
      and in my main

      domain1_destination_rate_delay = 60s
      but i would like to know if there is a way to send for 10 mails with destination rate delay to domain1 equal to 0 then to throttle (so for instance wait 1 min) then 10 mail then wait etc,

      Thank you for your help :)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2012
        Fran?ois Yuul:
        > domain1_destination_rate_delay = 60s
        >
        > but i would like to know if there is a way to send for 10 mails
        > with destination rate delay to domain1 equal to 0 then to throttle
        > (so?for instance?wait 1 min) then 10 mail then wait etc, ?

        Postfix rate control avoids sending mail in bursts. This minimizes
        the likelihood of problems with receiver-side rate limiters that
        have a simplistic counting mechanism.