Re: Larning about relays

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29 10:14 AM
      email builder:
      > Thanks for the help everyone.? Does anyone have experience
      > or comments about this:

      > The only other solution I can see is to use something
      > like Nginx to just proxy the SMTP conversation through
      > the relay to the internal MTA.? I haven't tried this before,
      > but if Nginx can perform fast enough and can also be
      > DNS load balanced in connecting to internal MTAs, would
      > it work?? If the relay is not near the internal MTAs, will
      > network latency make this a dubious choice?
      >
      > As I understand it, the advantage to that setup would be
      > that the internal MTAs could be configured as if they were
      > public facing themselves.? Yes?

      Postfix has the hooks to work with nginx or haproxy. Postfix 2.9
      adds supports nxginx's built-in SASL authentication, and Postfix
      2.10 adds support for haproxy.

      I have no experience with such set-ups, and have no information
      about whether they will help under conditions of Postfix overload,
      or whether they will make the problem worse.