please delete or hide the content in the mail

  • Kshitij mali
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2012
      Hello sir ,

      Please delete the thread or atleast hide the ipadress and email address in the
      content on the below archived post:

      http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/227441

      Regards,
      Kshitij
    • Christophe Garault
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2012
        On 29/06/2012 07:18, Kshitij mali wrote :
        > Please delete the thread or atleast hide the ipadress and email address in the
        > content on the below archived post:
        >
        > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/227441
        >
        > Regards,
        > Kshiti
        Kshitij,

        Have you ever heard of the *Sreisand effect* ?
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

        --
        "L'ennui avec les citations sur Internet c'est qu'il est difficile de savoir si elles sont authentiques." -- Napoléon Bonaparte.
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2012
          Am 29.06.2012 07:18, schrieb Kshitij mali:

          > Hello sir ,
          >
          > Please delete the thread or atleast hide the ipadress and email address in the
          > content on the below archived post:
          >
          > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/227441

          SHUT UP

          how often will you send this idiotic message and why are
          you refusing to undersatnd how e-mail works - if yu send
          mail content you are not alloewd this is YOUR problem
          alone and so leave the world in peace

          who do you think you are saying to postfix-owner he has to
          remove anything at gmane.org which is a completly different
          domain as many other archives too
        • Dennis Carr
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2012
            On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 05:18:13 +0000 (UTC)
            Kshitij mali <kshitij.mali@...> wrote:

            > Hello sir ,
            >
            > Please delete the thread or atleast hide the ipadress and email
            > address in the content on the below archived post:

            You have already asked this. Wietse made it perfectly clear that the
            archive will not be changed.

            If you did not want the data in the logs on the mailing list, you
            should have used a pastebin.

            -Dennis
          • Peter Berghold
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
            • Bryan Irvine
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Peter Berghold <salty.cowdawg@...> wrote:
                I sent this in-duh-vidual email privately attempting to talk sense to him.  I hope it helps.

                The irony is that the more requests he sends actually increase the likelihood of various crawlers/archivers finding these messages and presenting them in ssearch results.

                He would have been better off just letting his simple email be buried.

              • Peter Berghold
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                  On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Bryan Irvine <sparctacus@...> wrote:

                  He would have been better off just letting his simple email be buried.

                  This was pretty much the cornerstone of my discussion.  "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

                • Giles Coochey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
                    On 02/07/2012 21:07, Peter Berghold wrote:

                    > This was pretty much the cornerstone of my discussion. "When you find
                    > yourself in a hole, stop digging"
                    I think it is too late, it's found itself on Full Disclosure now:

                    http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2012/Jul/7

                    --
                    Regards,

                    Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
                    NetSecSpec Ltd
                    +44 (0) 7983 877438
                    http://www.coochey.net
                    http://www.netsecspec.co.uk
                    giles@...
                  • Jacqui Caren
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
                      On 02/07/2012 21:07, Peter Berghold wrote:
                      > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Bryan Irvine <sparctacus@... <mailto:sparctacus@...>> wrote:
                      > He would have been better off just letting his simple email be buried.
                      > This was pretty much the cornerstone of my discussion. "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

                      It has made full disclosure - which does not say a lot :-)

                      Jacqui