Re: Verify & Berkeley DB Bug

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2012
      Daniel L. Miller:
      > After a recent server upgrade, I'm running Postfix 2.9.1 with libdb
      > 5.1.25. I'm continuing to see the old error - postfix/verify[5189]:
      > close database /var/lib/postfix/verify.db: No such file or directory
      > (possible Berkeley DB bug)

      Your data should be safe: all operations before CLOSE, including
      the database SYNC operation, completed without error.

      Berkeley DB returns an ENOENT error upon CLOSE. Ignoring such
      errors is against the principles on which Postfix is built.
      This is why Postfix logs this, and why it logs this as a non-warning.