Re: Non-Postfix mailbox store: separate domains, non-UNIX accounts

  • Feel Zhou
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2012
      Hi, my friend

      I use another documentation to finish it
      Configuring Postfix as primary or backup MX host for a remote site
      http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
      Thanks for Ram's answer.

      Tom

      2012/6/26 Ram <ram@...>

      On Monday 25 June 2012 07:40 PM, Feel Zhou wrote:
      Hello My friend
      I read the documentation of virtual domain hosting. http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html. and use the next setting:
       3     virtual_mailbox_domains = example.com ...more domains...
       4     virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox
       5     virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
      My mail server is the first mx record of the "example.com" in DNS system.
      So I set the virtual domain of the "example.com" with Non-Postfix mailbox store: separate domains, non-UNIX accounts
      Actually, my server got all the mail who send to the "example.com".But I don't know how to give these mail to the second mx record mail server of the "example.com".
      The documentation told me use virtual_transport, and I have no idea how to use this setting. Who can do me a favor, my friend. Thanks for your time.

      I assume your mail storage is on the "second mx server". So the first MX server is just a gateway ?
      In that case you dont require a virtual_transport

      You just require a simple transport_maps entry

      On the first server
      put in /etc/postfix/transport

      example.com smtp:[secondmx.example.com]

      That should help

      Thanks
      Ram

      PS:
      If I got your problem wrong , I am sorry ,
      Perhaps you should try explaining your problem better ..
      :-)