Re: Domain wide maildir quota

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
      Den 2012-06-04 15:23, Elaconta.com Webmaster skrev:

      > I'm getting kind of desperate so i'm probably going to do something
      > very hacky like running a routine every 10 minutes or so that does
      > the
      > following:

      desperate ?, but where is the sources ? :=)

      with dovecot one could make dict in mysql, and then all thats left is a
      drafted policyd that checks mysql dict live updated in policy protocol
      in postfix, if one provide a policyd check policy service in dovecot it
      would be nice

      postfix dont need hacked virtual delivery :)
    • Elaconta.com Webmaster
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
        Benny Pedersen escreveu:
        > Den 2012-06-04 15:23, Elaconta.com Webmaster skrev:
        >
        >> I'm getting kind of desperate so i'm probably going to do something
        >> very hacky like running a routine every 10 minutes or so that does the
        >> following:
        >
        > desperate ?, but where is the sources ? :=)
        >
        > with dovecot one could make dict in mysql, and then all thats left is
        > a drafted policyd that checks mysql dict live updated in policy
        > protocol in postfix, if one provide a policyd check policy service in
        > dovecot it would be nice
        >
        > postfix dont need hacked virtual delivery :)

        I'm using Courier-IMAP, not Dovecot. What do you mean by sources? :/

        Luis Oliveira
        Elaconta
      • Benny Pedersen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
          Den 2012-06-04 15:51, Elaconta.com Webmaster skrev:

          > I'm using Courier-IMAP, not Dovecot. What do you mean by sources? :/

          then make an perl policyd that checks imap protocol and reports back to
          policy protocol in postfix, no scripting is needed
        • Elaconta.com Webmaster
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
            Benny Pedersen escreveu:
            > Den 2012-06-04 15:51, Elaconta.com Webmaster skrev:
            >
            >> I'm using Courier-IMAP, not Dovecot. What do you mean by sources? :/
            >
            > then make an perl policyd that checks imap protocol and reports back
            > to policy protocol in postfix, no scripting is needed

            Okay, but how would i make such a policyd? I'd have to check the quota
            for all the Mailboxes in the domain of the receiving email and add them
            to get the total domain quota, right? Each time a email is received?

            Luis Oliveira
            Elaconta
          • Benny Pedersen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
              Den 2012-06-04 16:05, Elaconta.com Webmaster skrev:

              > Okay, but how would i make such a policyd? I'd have to check the
              > quota for all the Mailboxes in the domain of the receiving email and
              > add them to get the total domain quota, right? Each time a email is
              > received?

              policy protocol in postfix is pr recipient user, no need to check
              domain, if you really need pr domain qoutas the perl code must calc it
              before report it to postfix in policy protocol, i wish i could make the
              perl since i really want it myself

              make the perl code a bridge from postfix policy protocol to imap quata
              check, and if domain is needed check all domain users and add it
              together before report it to postfix with accept or tempfails