Re: turn off mailer daemon returns

  • Wael MANAI
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2012
      Thank you Jona, i am gona see your links

      Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 11:50 +0200, DTNX Postmaster a écrit :
      On Jun 1, 2012, at 09:49, Wael MANAI wrote:

      > Well, I use postfix for MMS sending (MM4 protocol which is based on SMTP). I am working on a hub system i.e I received MMS from one GSM operator, I do some adaptations and I forward the MMS to the destination. Sometimes for example the recipient may be rejected by the remote mailer so I need to intercept this mailer daemon (done) in order to modify some MM4 parameters then send it to the origin. The problem is the recipient of the mailer daemon receives 2 mails: one correct sent by my application, another incorrect sent by postfix. So I want to block the mail sent by postfix.

      Hmm, not familiar with MM4, but have you looked at the various bounce
      related configuration options that Postfix provides?

      This is where I would start looking;

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_service_name
      http://www.postfix.org/bounce.8.html

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_template_file
      http://www.postfix.org/bounce.5.html

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#internal_mail_filter_classes

      And what Ram suggested;
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce

      Perhaps it's possible to use a custom bounce service, a custom bounce
      template, or something similar, and have Postfix generate the format
      you need?

      Cya,
      Jona

      --

      > Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 13:13 +0530, Ram a écrit :
      >> You can enable soft bounce.  So NDR mails will be pending in the queue
      >> But I am not sure really want to do this.
      >> Why should you not notify senders of delivery failures ? What is the real problem you want to solve ?
      >>

      >> On 06/01/2012 12:36 PM, Wael MANAI wrote:
      >>> Any idea?

    • Wael MANAI
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 4, 2012
        I read the links and tried some configuration modifications with soft_bounce and internal_mail_filter_classes parameters but the notification is still sent to sender. I need to intercept this message in order to modify one parameter value before sending it.

        Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 15:09 +0200, Wael MANAI a écrit :
        Thank you Jona, i am gona see your links

        Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 11:50 +0200, DTNX Postmaster a écrit :
        On Jun 1, 2012, at 09:49, Wael MANAI wrote:

        > Well, I use postfix for MMS sending (MM4 protocol which is based on SMTP). I am working on a hub system i.e I received MMS from one GSM operator, I do some adaptations and I forward the MMS to the destination. Sometimes for example the recipient may be rejected by the remote mailer so I need to intercept this mailer daemon (done) in order to modify some MM4 parameters then send it to the origin. The problem is the recipient of the mailer daemon receives 2 mails: one correct sent by my application, another incorrect sent by postfix. So I want to block the mail sent by postfix.

        Hmm, not familiar with MM4, but have you looked at the various bounce
        related configuration options that Postfix provides?

        This is where I would start looking;

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_service_name
        http://www.postfix.org/bounce.8.html

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_template_file
        http://www.postfix.org/bounce.5.html

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#internal_mail_filter_classes

        And what Ram suggested;
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce

        Perhaps it's possible to use a custom bounce service, a custom bounce
        template, or something similar, and have Postfix generate the format
        you need?

        Cya,
        Jona

        --

        > Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 13:13 +0530, Ram a écrit :
        >> You can enable soft bounce.  So NDR mails will be pending in the queue
        >> But I am not sure really want to do this.
        >> Why should you not notify senders of delivery failures ? What is the real problem you want to solve ?
        >>

        >> On 06/01/2012 12:36 PM, Wael MANAI wrote:
        >>> Any idea?

      • DTNX Postmaster
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 4, 2012
          On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:31, Wael MANAI wrote:

          > I read the links and tried some configuration modifications with soft_bounce and internal_mail_filter_classes parameters but the notification is still sent to sender. I need to intercept this message in order to modify one parameter value before sending it.

          Which parameter value are you trying to modify?

          Cya,
          Jona

          --

          > Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 15:09 +0200, Wael MANAI a écrit :
          >> Thank you Jona, i am gona see your links

          >>> Hmm, not familiar with MM4, but have you looked at the various bounce
          >>> related configuration options that Postfix provides?
          >>>
          >>> This is where I would start looking;
          >>>

          >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_service_name
          >>> http://www.postfix.org/bounce.8.html
          >>>

          >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_template_file
          >>> http://www.postfix.org/bounce.5.html
          >>>

          >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#internal_mail_filter_classes
          >>>

          >>> And what Ram suggested;
          >>>
          >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce
          >>>

          >>> Perhaps it's possible to use a custom bounce service, a custom bounce
          >>> template, or something similar, and have Postfix generate the format
          >>> you need?
          >>>
          >>> Cya,
          >>> Jona
          >>>
          >>> --

        • Wael MANAI
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
            MM4 parameter X-Mms-Transaction-ID

            thx

            Le lundi 04 juin 2012 à 13:51 +0200, DTNX Postmaster a écrit :
            On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:31, Wael MANAI wrote:

            > I read the links and tried some configuration modifications with soft_bounce and internal_mail_filter_classes parameters but the notification is still sent to sender. I need to intercept this message in order to modify one parameter value before sending it.

            Which parameter value are you trying to modify?

            Cya,
            Jona

            --

            > Le vendredi 01 juin 2012 à 15:09 +0200, Wael MANAI a écrit :
            >> Thank you Jona, i am gona see your links

            >>> Hmm, not familiar with MM4, but have you looked at the various bounce
            >>> related configuration options that Postfix provides?
            >>>
            >>> This is where I would start looking;
            >>>

            >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_service_name
            >>> http://www.postfix.org/bounce.8.html
            >>>

            >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_template_file
            >>> http://www.postfix.org/bounce.5.html
            >>>

            >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#internal_mail_filter_classes
            >>>

            >>> And what Ram suggested;
            >>>
            >>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce
            >>>

            >>> Perhaps it's possible to use a custom bounce service, a custom bounce
            >>> template, or something similar, and have Postfix generate the format
            >>> you need?
            >>>
            >>> Cya,
            >>> Jona
            >>>
            >>> --

          • DTNX Postmaster
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 5, 2012
              On Jun 5, 2012, at 16:04, Wael MANAI wrote:

              > MM4 parameter X-Mms-Transaction-ID

              First, read up: http://www.google.com/search?q=top+posting

              Then have another look at the documentation;

              http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#internal_mail_filter_classes
              http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#header_checks
              http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html

              With 'internal_mail_filter_classes = bounce' and the header_checks,
              you might be able to redirect your message, feed it to whatever
              software generates the 'X-Mms-Transaction-ID' for you, and then
              reinsert it for delivery.

              If the transaction ID is the same for all messages it might even be
              as easy as using a 'PREPEND' or 'REPLACE'.

              Cya,
              Jona

              --

              > Le lundi 04 juin 2012 à 13:51 +0200, DTNX Postmaster a écrit :
              >> On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:31, Wael MANAI wrote:
              >>
              >> I read the links and tried some configuration modifications with soft_bounce and internal_mail_filter_classes parameters but the notification is still sent to sender. I need to intercept this message in order to modify one parameter value before sending it.
              >
              > Which parameter value are you trying to modify?
              >
              > Cya,
              > Jona
            • Wael MANAI
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 12, 2012
                with internal_mail_filter_classes and header_checks I can redirect the message to my software in order to change X-Mms-Transaction-ID parameter. But when I send the mailer-daemon with the good parameter, the message loops.

                Here are my settings:
                In main.cf:
                internal_mail_filter_classes = bounce
                header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix_out/header_checks

                in /etc/postfix_out/header_checks
                /^From: *MAILER-DAEMON/ FILTER mail-postfix:

                BR

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 12, 2012
                  On 6/12/2012 11:47 AM, Wael MANAI wrote:
                  > with internal_mail_filter_classes and header_checks I can redirect
                  > the message to my software in order to change X-Mms-Transaction-ID
                  > parameter. But when I send the mailer-daemon with the good
                  > parameter, the message loops.
                  >
                  > Here are my settings:
                  > In main.cf:
                  > internal_mail_filter_classes = bounce
                  > header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix_out/header_checks
                  >
                  > in /etc/postfix_out/header_checks
                  > /^From: *MAILER-DAEMON/ FILTER mail-postfix:

                  you need to turn off header_checks in your mail-postfix transport.
                  see the archives for details.

                  -- Noel Jones

                  > BR
                  >
                  > Le mardi 05 juin 2012 à 23:28 +0200, DTNX Postmaster a écrit :
                  >> On Jun 5, 2012, at 16:04, Wael MANAI wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > MM4 parameter X-Mms-Transaction-ID
                  >>

                  >> First, read up: http://www.google.com/search?q=top+posting
                  >>
                  >> Then have another look at the documentation;
                  >>
                  >> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#internal_mail_filter_classes
                  >> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#header_checks
                  >> http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html
                  >>
                  >> With 'internal_mail_filter_classes = bounce' and the header_checks,
                  >> you might be able to redirect your message, feed it to whatever
                  >> software generates the 'X-Mms-Transaction-ID' for you, and then
                  >> reinsert it for delivery.
                  >>
                  >> If the transaction ID is the same for all messages it might even be
                  >> as easy as using a 'PREPEND' or 'REPLACE'.
                  >>
                  >> Cya,
                  >> Jona
                  >>
                  >> --

                  >> > Which parameter value are you trying to modify?
                  >> >
                  >> > Cya,
                  >> > Jona

                • Wael MANAI
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 20, 2012
                    Hi,

                    Just to thank everybody, now I received all the mailer-daemon and I can control the messages sent.