Re: exchange like feature for always_bcc?

  • Kovács Albert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      > >If you want forward to different recipient addresses, then don't

      > >use always_bcc.
      > >
      > >Instead, use recipient_bcc_maps which allows you to specify different
      > >addresses for different recipients.
      > [example deleted]
      >
      > Kov?cs Albert:
      > >Thanks Wietse, it works. However, is there a chance to send only 1
      > >bcc email with 10 recipients? Currently postfix sends 10 bcc emails
      >
      > If you want to forward one copy then use always_bcc.

      this was the initial problem. always_bcc sends a single message without
      the (complete) recipients info. The recipient_bcc_maps sends all the
      recipient information, however it multiplies the message sent for archiving.
      It would be better if postfix supported a middle ground solution.

      >A more complete answer is that to emulate "Exchange Envelope
      >Journalling":
      >
      >   http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998649.aspx
      >
      >you need to generate a single recipient *encapsulated copy* of the
      >message, not add recipients to the original message.

      Yes, something like that would be a nice feature from postfix. Where
      can I enter this feature request? :-)

      Otherwise I think my best bet is to write a before queue content filter
      which generates an extra message (with all the recipients info) to the
      archiving box. However an official postfix solution - if possible - would
      be better :-)

      Albert