Re: Equivalent of sender_dependent_relayhost_maps, but for recipients?

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
      On 2012-05-31 8:12 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      > I recall that transport_maps was introduced in 1998, and
      > per-recipient transport map support in 2002. All precedences of
      > relayhost etc. are documented in postconf(5).

      Well, yes, but some of us have a hard time comprehending the myriad of
      options available in postfix... I've never used the transport maps
      before, and I did read this page a few times, but still wasn't
      absolutely sure that my understanding was correct (sometimes I'm a
      little shy about trusting my own reading comprehension skills with
      things I'm far from expert in).

      It didn't help that when I tried testing it early in the morning (little
      to no impact on our users if something went wrong), I was having a
      problem with mail to these addresses *sometimes* (but not always)
      getting stuck in the outbound queue...

      Well, I finally discovered - after a phone conversation with their tech
      support - that about a year ago Comcast Business Class discontinued SMTP
      relay service for their customers unless Comcast was actually hosting
      the email (what bullshit - I'm not talking residential, but 'Business
      Class' service), but apparently one of their IP's would still relay,
      while the others wouldn't, so when an outbound email hit the working
      relay, it would go out.

      Anyway, this is working now sending direct for these addresses, so
      thanks for the gentle clue-stick.

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles