Re: "Sender-Dependent Aliases"

  • t t
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
      Ok, cool, thanks everyone.

      I checked out qpsmtpd but couldn't really find resources explaining how to do address rewriting; maybe I'm supposed to write my own perl script to do it. (I don't know perl, but if this is actually an easy solution and you can link me to somewhere that explains how to do it or something similar, I'd definitely be interested.)

      Writing a procmail recipe looks pretty simple, so that might be good.

      One concern with the procmail solution is that I'm going to be programmatically adding users to Mailman mailing lists. It would seem, therefore, that I would need to alter the procmailrc file programmatically too. This is easily accomplished, but I wonder if this isn't a very robust solution. I'd rather be adding entries to a database, for instance, than altering a file. I'm worried about how well a solution that relies on writing to a file will scale, as well as whether I'm going to run into concurrency problems if multiple processes try to write the file simultaneously.

      I'm sure you all have much more experience writing software than I do, so your advice would be appreciated.

      Thanks!

      On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Robert Wysocki <robert.wysocki@...> wrote:
      Dnia 2012-05-31, czw o godzinie 10:01 +0100, t t pisze:

      > an email from person1@... to mailman@... should go
      > to mailman1@...,
      >

      > an email from person1@... to another_list@... should go
      > to another_list1@...,
      >

      > an email from person2@... to mailman@... should go
      > tomailman2@...

      You can use REDIRECT to a local account and then use .procmailrc to do
      additional forwarding.
      If I remember correctly, REDIRECT doesn't affect original To: header.

      > 2) I assume it's possible to enter the redirect mappings into a mysql
      > database directly, rather than write the mapping in a file, right?
      > (e.g.: I enter my aliases in the way described
      > here: http://flurdy.com/docs/postfix/#data)

      Surely it's possible. Never done it though.

      Regards,

      --
      Robert Wysocki
      administrator systemów linuksowych