[OT] Hotmail change the mail policy yesterday????'

  • kazabe
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2012
      Hi.

      From yesterday many servers to i admin has been banned to send
      messages to hotmail. The error is related to said: 550 SC-001

      Do you are experimenting the same issue today?

      Thanks and regards.
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2012
        * kazabe <kazabe@...>:
        > Hi.
        >
        > From yesterday many servers to i admin has been banned to send
        > messages to hotmail. The error is related to said: 550 SC-001
        >
        > Do you are experimenting the same issue today?

        mail.python.org is working as before.

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt
        Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2012
          Le jeudi 31 mai 2012 à 13:37 -0500, kazabe a écrit :
          > Hi.
          >
          > From yesterday many servers to i admin has been banned to send
          > messages to hotmail. The error is related to said: 550 SC-001
          >
          > Do you are experimenting the same issue today?
          >
          > Thanks and regards.

          I do not encounter any problem for hotmail mail servers. I use spf2

          --
          http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC2626742
          gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key C2626742

          http://urlshort.eu fakessh @
          http://gplus.to/sshfake
          http://gplus.to/sshswilting
          http://gplus.to/john.swilting
          https://lists.fakessh.eu/mailman/
          This list is moderated by me, but all applications will be accepted
          provided they receive a note of presentation
        • Frank Bonnet
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2012

            I experienced this last week ;
            I changed the server that send to hotmail, live etc using transport
            as the new server is not on the same subnet than the preceding
            it seems to work ;-)

            Le 31/05/2012 21:27, ml a écrit :
            Le jeudi 31 mai 2012 à 13:37 -0500, kazabe a écrit :

            Hi.

            From yesterday many servers to i admin has been banned to send
            messages to hotmail.  The error is related to said: 550 SC-001

            Do you are experimenting the same issue today?

            Thanks and regards.

            I do not encounter any problem for hotmail mail servers. I use spf2

          • Lima Union
            Message 5 of 6 , May 31, 2012
              On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:37 PM, kazabe <kazabe@...> wrote:
              > Hi.
              >
              > From yesterday many servers to i admin has been banned to send
              > messages to hotmail.  The error is related to said: 550 SC-001
              >
              > Do you are experimenting the same issue today?
              >
              > Thanks and regards.

              Hi, you're not alone, we're having the same issue with hotmail, since
              yesterday too.

              The bounce message is:

              550 SC-001Mail rejected by Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for
              rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or
              IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please
              contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.

              We're not listed in any RBL list...

              I've opened a ticket today going to this url:
              https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl&ct=eformts&st=1&wfxredirect=1

              Regards,
              LU.
            • Elaconta.com Webmaster
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
                Frank Bonnet escreveu:

                > I experienced this last week ;
                > I changed the server that send to hotmail, live etc using transport
                > as the new server is not on the same subnet than the preceding
                > it seems to work ;-)
                >

                > Le 31/05/2012 21:27, ml a écrit :
                >> Le jeudi 31 mai 2012 à 13:37 -0500, kazabe a écrit :
                >>
                >>> Hi.
                >>>
                >>> From yesterday many servers to i admin has been banned to send
                >>> messages to hotmail. The error is related to said: 550 SC-001
                >>>
                >>> Do you are experimenting the same issue today?
                >>>
                >>> Thanks and regards.
                >>>
                >> I do not encounter any problem for hotmail mail servers. I use spf2

                Experiencing the same issue as kazabe since early this week. Used the
                transport maps to send all email to hotmail.com through a different
                server. It's working, but it's nothing more than a band-aid. Server is
                not listed in any kind of black lists and sending domain has SPF configured.
                It seems Hotmail is recently doing some kinda of anti-spam crackdown,
                with huge collateral damage as would be expected.

                Is SPF2 syntax different from SPF1? Can it make a difference in Hotmail
                accept rates?

                Luis Oliveira
                Elaconta