Searching for config directives and having epic fail (virtual domains)

  • Peter Berghold
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 6:28 AM
      I remember reading in either the postfix book or on a website somewhere a method that would allow postfix to put mail from multiple domains into separate directories looking like:
      /var
      `-- mailboxes
          |-- domaina.tld
          |   |-- user1
          |   |-- user2
          |   `-- user3
          `-- domainb.tld
              |-- user1
              |-- user2
              `-- user3

      It is a real possiblity that user1@... and user1@... will exist. In other words jane@... and jane@... can both be defined.

      The overall plan of what I'm trying to put together and integrate will involve openldap for the user authentication store, dovecot imap, postfix and SOGo groupware and I'm driving myself crazy figuring out how to integrate it smoothly.

    • Eliezer Croitoru
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 7:04 AM
        On 02/05/2012 16:28, Peter Berghold wrote:
        > I remember reading in either the postfix book or on a website somewhere
        > a method that would allow postfix to put mail from multiple domains into
        > separate directories looking like:
        > /var
        > `-- mailboxes
        > |-- domaina.tld
        > | |-- user1
        > | |-- user2
        > | `-- user3
        > `-- domainb.tld
        > |-- user1
        > |-- user2
        > `-- user3
        >
        > It is a real possiblity that user1@... and user1@...
        > will exist. In other words jane@... and jane@... can
        > both be defined.
        >
        > The overall plan of what I'm trying to put together and integrate will
        > involve openldap for the user authentication store, dovecot imap,
        > postfix and SOGo groupware and I'm driving myself crazy figuring out how
        > to integrate it smoothly.

        so what is your question?
        which is the difficult part?

        Eliezer

        --
        Eliezer Croitoru
        https://www1.ngtech.co.il
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 8:38 AM
          On 5/2/2012 8:28 AM, Peter Berghold wrote:
          > I remember reading in either the postfix book or on a website
          > somewhere a method that would allow postfix to put mail from
          > multiple domains into separate directories looking like:
          > /var

          read up on virtual mailbox domains. Start here:
          http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#virtual_mailbox

          -- Noel Jones
        • Tolga
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2 12:39 PM
            On 05/02/2012 04:28 PM, Peter Berghold wrote: I remember reading in either the postfix book or on a website somewhere a method that would allow postfix to put mail from multiple domains into separate directories looking like:
            /var
            `-- mailboxes
                |-- domaina.tld
                |   |-- user1
                |   |-- user2
                |   `-- user3
                `-- domainb.tld
                    |-- user1
                    |-- user2
                    `-- user3

            It is a real possiblity that user1@... and user1@... will exist. In other words jane@... and jane@... can both be defined.

            The overall plan of what I'm trying to put together and integrate will involve openldap for the user authentication store, dovecot imap, postfix and SOGo groupware and I'm driving myself crazy figuring out how to integrate it smoothly.

            Yes, the multi domain part can be done smoothly, in fact I am doing that. I'm not sure about the openldap part though, but I'm most certain it is possible.

            Regards,
            Tolga