Re: multiple check_helo_access

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2012
      * Marko Weber <weber@...>:
      > hello,
      >
      > is there any benefit of multiple check_helo_access?
      > i see in some configs check_helo_access is in "smtpd_helo-
      > smtpd_sender- smtpd_recipient_restrictions".
      >
      > my understanding is that check_helo_access is in
      > smtpd_helo_restrictions enough.
      > am i wrong?

      If it's the same map file, then it's safe to only use it once (but not
      necessarily in smtpd_helo_restrictions)

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2012
        On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:45:21AM +0200, Marko Weber wrote:
        > is there any benefit of multiple check_helo_access?

        Maybe. What are you trying to do?

        HELO checks are very effective against spam zombies, but not very
        useful otherwise.

        > i see in some configs check_helo_access is in "smtpd_helo-
        > smtpd_sender- smtpd_recipient_restrictions".
        >
        > my understanding is that check_helo_access is in
        > smtpd_helo_restrictions enough.
        > am i wrong?

        Sometimes.

        Often it's easiest to keep all restrictions together in
        smtpd_recipient_restrictions. Sometimes you might not want to do
        that.

        http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html