Re: notification messages

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2012
      DTNX Postmaster:
      > For example, if the application uses PHP, you can force an envelope sender like this;
      >
      > sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -t -i -r bounce.address@...

      The envelope sender may also be specified via additional
      parameters to the mail() function.

      http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2012
        Wietse:
        > > For example, if the application uses PHP, you can force an envelope sender
        > > like this;
        > >
        > > sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -t -i -r
        > bounce.address@...
        >
        > The envelope sender may also be specified via additional
        > parameters to the mail() function.
        >
        > http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

        Amira Othman:
        > My problem is at log file .from address line in log is written as return
        > path(envelope sender address(bounce address)) which is not correct in my
        > case and not appearing in the sent message .how can I make from address in
        > log not envelope sender but to be actual sender

        The envelope sender address, used in MAIL FROM (SMTP), is used for
        non-delivery notification as required by the SMTP standard. Postfix
        will log the envelope sender and recipient addresses, and this will
        not be changed.

        So all you need to do is specify the correct envelope sender address.
        See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_address for a tutorial
        text on bounce address versus message header addresses.