Re: Postfix and LDAP, take 2

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2012
      On 4/25/2012 5:49 AM, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

      [please post in plain-text only; no HTML]

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm still confused how Postfix and map lookups work. Especially when
      > a lookup happens.
      >
      > According to the docs, when a domain is in virtual_alias_domains, it
      > is considered local, so it shouldn't bounce.

      AND the domain must be rewritten to another domain, typically one
      listed in mydestination.

      > First :
      >
      > postconf -n :
      > local_recipient_maps = $virtual_alias_domains

      NO, don't do that.

      > relay_domains = $mydestination, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/relay_domains.cf

      $mydestination doesn't belong here.

      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      > reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unlisted_recipient,
      > permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination

      Ok.

      > virtual_alias_domains = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_domains.cf
      > virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf

      Ok.

      > The LDAP scheme is simple : One object for domains, one for users.
      > As simple as it get's, and is verified to work with an other MTA.

      working with another MTA is irrelevant.

      > The logs : http://pastebin.com/NQbMY6sU

      Turn off the verbose logging if you want anyone to look at it.

      > Some things I noticed :

      Better to read the docs. Postfix works as documented.