RE: Want to Install Postfix but Afraid of Breaking MySQL

  • Robinson, Eric
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012
      > you could always just not install postfix, since installing
      > an entire mail server isn't at all necessary to simply send
      > email. i would recommend null client specific software, such
      > as msmtp, instead. among other things, it would likely
      > introduce far fewer packaging considerations.
      >
      > -ben

      I think we will pursue ssmtp as an option.

      --Eric

      Disclaimer - April 2, 2012
      This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for btb@...,postfix-users@.... If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.