Re: LDAP schema for Postfix ?

  • Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2012
      --On Friday, March 02, 2012 4:31 PM +0400 Michael Tokarev <mjt@...>
      wrote:

      > On 02.03.2012 16:25, Nerijus Kislauskas wrote:
      >> On 03/02/2012 01:56 PM, Jerry wrote:
      >>> There is <...> no custom "Postfix schema"
      >>
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> maybe it is worth to make one to stop question cycle "where I can get
      >> postfix.schema for LDAP?".
      >
      > It is the other way around: Postfix can use whatever scheme is
      > best for your needs, it does not dictate which schema to use.
      > Different usage scenarious will require different schemas.
      >
      > For user mailboxes postfix only needs to know that a given
      > address exists, so you can reuse inetPerson definition and
      > use it together with Dovecot for example.

      This is, by far, the best answer. There are way too many pieces of
      software that try and hard code themselves to a specific schema, rather
      than being like postfix -- flexible, and able to use the schema already
      configured by the LDAP administrators. I wish more programs were written
      like Postfix in this regard.

      --Quanah

      --

      Quanah Gibson-Mount