Upgrade lessons..

  • Mr fix
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
      All,

      Have been trying to find a blog, pdf or any emails on Postfix upgrade "lessons learned" kind of stuff, reason is we custom patched the Postfix source code and it is an inherited one.

      Can any one guide me to a post or any personal experiences/insights?

      Thanks in advance,
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
        Am 01.03.2012 23:59, schrieb Mr fix:
        > reason is we custom patched the Postfix source code and it is an inherited one

        in which way?

        usually a unmodified postfix setup is the easiest upgrade
        and i am user since 2.4 with partly real complex setups

        never seen any postfix update hurting me like most other software
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
          Mr fix:
          > All,
          >
          > Have been trying to find a blog, pdf or any emails on Postfix
          > upgrade "lessons learned" kind of stuff, reason is we custom patched
          > the Postfix source code and it is an inherited one.
          >
          > Can any one guide me to a post or any personal experiences/insights?

          This called "release notes". There is one such file for every
          Postfix release, included with the source code, and on-line
          at Postfix source code mirror sites.