Delivered-To header and virtual aliases

  • Mildred Ki'Lya
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm using postfix in a virtual domain setup, forwarding mails to dovecot using the dovecot lmtp server.
      I also have aliases for the users on that virtual domain. This is configured as follows:

      virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp
      virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/valias

      My question is simple. Let's imagine for example my alias file looks like :

      nickname@... firtname.lastname@...

      Mails sent to nickname@... will be redirected to firstname.lastname@.... Dovecot is configured to accept mails for firstname.lastname but not nickname.

      My problem is that the Delivered-To header is always firstname.lastname@.... Even if the mail was sent to nickname@.... Is there a way postfix could set the Delivered-To header before the virtual alias are processed. Apparently, there is an option for local aliases (frozen_delivered_to) but not for virtual aliases.

      Thank you,

      Mildred