Re: Allow empty "mail from: <>" in envelope

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2012
      Am 25.02.2012 13:15, schrieb Ralf Hildebrandt:
      > * Eddy Ilg <me@...>:
      >> Dear Postfix Group,
      >>

      >> we have the problem that some Microsoft applications supply an empty
      >> sender.
      >
      > That's perfectly normal.
      >
      >> Given that the client is SMTP authenticated we would like to allow
      >> empty senders (mail from: <>).
      >>
      >> Here are our restrictions:
      >>
      >> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      >> #check_sender_access mysql:...,
      >> check_client_access hash:...,
      >> check_recipient_access hash:...,
      >> check_sender_access mysql:...,
      >> permit_mynetworks,
      >> reject
      >>
      >> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      >> #check_sender_access mysql:...,
      >> check_client_access hash:...,
      >> check_recipient_access hash:...,
      >> reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
      >> permit_mynetworks,
      >> check_client_access hash:...,
      >> permit_sasl_authenticated,
      >> reject
      >>

      >> As you can see there are some mysql queries. The query that was
      >> commented out returned "PERMIT" for empty senders, but still Postfix
      >> rejected when using those rules.
      >
      > You forgot to mention the exact log message.

      http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

      Note: lookup of the null sender address is not possible
      with some types of lookup table. By default, Postfix uses
      <> as the lookup key for such addresses. The value is
      specified with the smtpd_null_access_lookup_key parameter
      in the Postfix main.cf file.

      have you tried using

      <> ....

      in some access table