Re: tracking sent mails in large scale scenario, and push infos into database

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      Stoyan Stoyanov:
      > The exact fetching, queueing, sending is not my worries, I mean I
      > already know how to do it. (with postfix off course:) )
      > But the hard part for me is that , for every one email I have to
      > track full statistics.

      Wietse:
      > Submit each message with a unique Message-ID header. This is logged
      > by the cleanup daemon. The format of Message-ID headers is documented
      > in RFC 5322.
      >
      > Postfix delivery agents (and queue manager) log mail delays and
      > other status information.
      >
      > All Postfix daemons including cleanup daemon and delivery agents
      > log the Postfix queue ID. That allows you to connect the unique
      > Message-ID with mail delays and other status information.

      Stoyan Stoyanov:
      > Please , if there are some other options that can handle this, advice
      > me.

      If you submit mail over SMTP, you can get the Postfix queue ID (queue
      file name) from the SMTP server's "end-of-data" response, avoiding
      the need supply your own unique Message-ID header.

      It you use Postfix 2.9 or later, you can enable long, non-reused,
      queue IDs to simplify logfile analysis. Postfix may reuse an old
      short queue ID after a message is deleted from the queue.