Re: Problem with rejecting mail to unknown users

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
      On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:00:15PM +0100,
      Martin Kruse Jensen wrote:
      > Turns out all I needed was to set relay_recipient_maps -
      > problem appears to be solved!

      Given the overall confusion of address classes in the postconf,
      including virtual_mailbox_domains being set without corresponding
      virtual_mailbox_maps, I am not at all confident that you have truly
      solved this. Sometimes relay_domains is set using the default of
      $mydestination

      If further assistance is required, logs must be included:

    • Martin Kruse Jensen
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
        Den 01-02-2012 14:56, /dev/rob0 skrev:
        > On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:00:15PM +0100,
        > Martin Kruse Jensen wrote:
        >> Turns out all I needed was to set relay_recipient_maps -
        >> problem appears to be solved!
        > Given the overall confusion of address classes in the postconf,
        > including virtual_mailbox_domains being set without corresponding
        > virtual_mailbox_maps, I am not at all confident that you have truly
        > solved this. Sometimes relay_domains is set using the default of
        > $mydestination
        >
        > http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html
        >
        > If further assistance is required, logs must be included:
        >
        > http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

        My relay_domains is set to lookup a PostGreSQL table - I'll keep an eye
        on things over the next period of time to make sure everything works well :)

        Thank you for your hints

        Best regards,
        Martin