Re: spy problem

  • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
      Zitat von Baptiste Bauer <baptiste.bauer@...>:

      > Hi !
      >
      > I am suspicious !
      >
      > I use POSTFIX.
      >
      > I suppose my workmate spy my mail sending ! ( i don’t know how ! )
      >

      > ð I checked « aliases » : no redirection.

      > deleted ( i don’t find it )
      >

      > How to check this file and the configuration ?
      >

      > How check if somebody receive my mail too, without use « Aliases ».
      >

      > Thank you for answsers.

      Hello

      have a look where "generic" is used in main.cf/master.cf. Maybe try to
      dump the content with "db_dump -p <path to file>".

      Regards

      Andreas
    • Tolga
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
        On 02/01/2012 12:17 PM, lst_hoe02@... wrote:
        > Zitat von Baptiste Bauer <baptiste.bauer@...>:
        >
        >> Hi !
        >>
        >> I am suspicious !
        >>
        >> I use POSTFIX.
        >>
        >> I suppose my workmate spy my mail sending ! ( i don’t know how ! )
        >>

        >> ð I checked « aliases » : no redirection.

        >> deleted ( i don’t find it )
        >>

        >> How to check this file and the configuration ?
        >>

        >> How check if somebody receive my mail too, without use « Aliases ».
        >>

        >> Thank you for answsers.
        >>

        > Hello
        >
        > have a look where "generic" is used in main.cf/master.cf. Maybe try to
        > dump the content with "db_dump -p <path to file>".
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Andreas

        After I saw OP's post I checked my postfix directory, and I have a
        generic file as well. It's not mentioned anywere in main.cf or
        master.cf. First few lines are:

        # GENERIC(5) GENERIC(5)
        #
        # NAME
        # generic - Postfix generic table format
        #
        # SYNOPSIS
        # postmap /etc/postfix/generic
        #
        # postmap -q "string" /etc/postfix/generic
        #
        # postmap -q - /etc/postfix/generic <inputfile

        Regards,
      • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
          Quoting Tolga <tolga@...>:

          > On 02/01/2012 12:17 PM, lst_hoe02@... wrote:
          >> Zitat von Baptiste Bauer <baptiste.bauer@...>:
          >>
          >>> Hi !
          >>>
          >>> I am suspicious !
          >>>
          >>> I use POSTFIX.
          >>>
          >>> I suppose my workmate spy my mail sending ! ( i don't know how ! )
          >>>

          >>> ð I checked « aliases » : no redirection.

          >>> deleted ( i don't find it )
          >>>

          >>> How to check this file and the configuration ?
          >>>

          >>> How check if somebody receive my mail too, without use « Aliases ».
          >>>

          >>> Thank you for answsers.
          >>>

          >> Hello
          >>
          >> have a look where "generic" is used in main.cf/master.cf. Maybe try
          >> to dump the content with "db_dump -p <path to file>".
          >>
          >> Regards
          >>
          >> Andreas
          >>
          > After I saw OP's post I checked my postfix directory, and I have a
          > generic file as well. It's not mentioned anywere in main.cf or
          > master.cf. First few lines are:
          >
          > # GENERIC(5) GENERIC(5)
          > #
          > # NAME
          > # generic - Postfix generic table format
          > #
          > # SYNOPSIS
          > # postmap /etc/postfix/generic
          > #
          > # postmap -q "string" /etc/postfix/generic
          > #
          > # postmap -q - /etc/postfix/generic <inputfile

          This is part of the Postfix default install, that's why it is empty.
          The OP had a generic.db but no generic file so it is suspected that
          someone has altered the text file (generic) and postmaped it so
          Postfix can use it. The text file is gone, maybe to hide the changes
          done.

          Regards

          Andreas