Re: Success DSNs From <> Come to Postmaster

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2012
      Sabahattin Gucukoglu:
      > > Postfix sends delivery notifications as mail from <>. When this
      > > first-order notification fails, Postfix will attempt to deliver a
      > > second-order notification to the 2bounce_notice_recipient (default:
      > > postmaster) as a final attempt to avoid loss of mail.
      >
      > Are these internally-generated bounce messages distinguishable
      > from mail that is actually injected with SMTP or the sendmail
      > command as 'mail from:<>' or 'sendmail -f ""'? I assume one of

      Just like non-bounce messages, internally-generated single-bounce and
      double-bounce messages are indistinguishable from externally-generated
      mail except, for programs that make detailed examination of Received:
      headers, parse DKIM signatures, analyze logfiles, etc.

      In any case, the success notifier now distinguishes between bounce
      and non-bounce messages, similar to the fail/warn notifiers.