[SOLVED] make postscreen answer '450 Service currently unavailable' to all connections

  • Mark Alan
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2012
      On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:06:15 -0500 (EST), Wietse Venema
      <wietse@...> wrote:

      > The hardest part of support on this mailing list is
      > to get a precise spec that does not conflict with itself.
      > Once we have that, configuration is not hard at all.

      Sometimes we only know what we need when we push the email
      client. In this case, the email client if not given a proper 450
      answer, would simply complain to the user and give up:

      "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
      user@...
      Technical details of permanent failure:
      Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
      recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
      further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
      other server returned was: 550 550 5.3.2 Service currently unavailable
      (state 14). "

      (yes, it really was Google's gmail agent)

      > # postconf -n|grep postscreen
      > postscreen_access_list = static:reject
      > postscreen_blacklist_action = enforce
      > postscreen_greet_banner =

      As proposed by Wietse, the following will make postscreen answer
      with '450 Service currently unavailable' to all connections presented
      to it:

      postscreen_access_list = static:reject
      postscreen_blacklist_action = enforce
      postscreen_greet_banner =
      soft_bounce = yes

      ... I am tempted to ask if there is a similar setup for the submission
      587 service (something like -o master_service_disable=inet ?). But I
      will leave that for another day.

      Thank you very much Wietse.

      M.