Re: Outlook 2003 Client SASL Login Problem?

  • James Seymour
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
      On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:21:36 -0600
      Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > If the client attempts SASL, postfix will log either success or
      > failure. Looks as if the client didn't even try.

      Exactly. And that should've been my clue that the mechanism(s) offered
      weren't to the client's liking.

      Wietse picked up on it, right off, tho. But I kept screwing-around,
      looking elsewhere, until you also suggested...

      > Maybe client didn't like any of the AUTH methods offered. Now would
      > be a good time to connect to postfix/smtps with openssl s_client and
      > see what AUTH mechanisms are being offered. I'm pretty sure Outlook
      > 2003 needs either PLAIN or LOGIN (and no reason to not offer both).
      [snip]

      LOGIN was what it wanted. PLAIN was all that was being offered.

      Changed dovecot.com, restarted dovecot and postfix, and all's well.

      Thanks for your help, everybody!

      Regards,
      Jim
      filtering. If you reply to this email and your email is