Re: alias and forward

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2012
      On 2012-01-28 3:28 PM, Peter <peter@...> wrote:
      > On 29/01/12 06:50, Alessandro Vicari wrote:
      >> Thanks Peter for the explanaition and for pointing me to the right
      >> direction to look at.
      >> I tried it and it works great. Now the thing is to make postfixadmin be
      >> able to create these aliases (which is not because so far as I saw it
      >> checks if the alias already exists and by default it creates a new alias
      >> with the same name of every new mailbox created).
      >> If anyone will be interested, I'll try to send a patch for this in the
      >> ML, unless I'll find a patch already avaliable.
      >
      > Postfixadmin is not part of postfix.
      >
      > No patch is needed, there is an option for postfixadmin to enable
      > editing of those aliases.

      Exactly. There are two alias control settings, one for the superadmin
      and one for domain admins. How these should be set depends on your own
      requirements. I always set mine to yes for both super admin and domain
      admins, but I am also the only domain admin on my system.

      So, to allow both the superadmin and domain admins to see/modify these
      aliases, simply set:

      // Alias control for superadmins
      $CONF['alias_control'] = 'YES';

      // Alias Control for domain admins
      $CONF['alias_control_admin'] = 'YES';

      Also, in case you were not aware, it is always best to add any custom
      config settings to config.local.php (any settings in this file override
      the same settings in the main config.inc.php file) instead of directly
      editing config.inc.php - it makes upgrades *much* easier...

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles