Black or white and in the ditch

  • Andreas Berton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
      This post might not that indirect belong to why this list does not use
      Return-Path. I ran a server ( not postfix) for many years, which ended up
      with too many mail was discrded or were taken to the side becouse I had
      the most elementary rules which was follow email protocols standard. I
      felt pretty broken after a while, but like many things there are several
      solution on almost everything so I climbed the mountain that I earlier
      fell from with renewed energy. I can almost assure that the peak is not
      reached and that it will become much worse in the future, either way we
      have to put up with so-called outbreaks of viruses and spam, both from
      legitimate servers as well as hackers and plain spammers. I want to
      believe in my naive little world that the legitimate servers oftas
      operated by skillfull administrators which usually solve the problems
      relatively quickly and for that matter more to lose against any spammers.
      So when I send my family snapshots to family members and friends with few
      lines of text it will probably have less than 50% to arrive and more
      serious for content who must be deliverd. And then we are not there yet.
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
        On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:53:16 +0100 (CET), Andreas Berton wrote:
        > probably have less than 50% to arrive and more serious for content
        > who
        > must be deliverd. And then we are not there yet.

        remember the world would not end in 2012, its first in 2015 :-)

        after reading, what did you try to tell ?
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
          On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:53:16 +0100 (CET)
          Andreas Berton articulated:

          > This post might not that indirect belong to why this list does not
          > use Return-Path. I ran a server ( not postfix) for many years, which
          > ended up with too many mail was discrded or were taken to the side
          > becouse I had the most elementary rules which was follow email
          > protocols standard. I felt pretty broken after a while, but like many
          > things there are several solution on almost everything so I climbed
          > the mountain that I earlier fell from with renewed energy. I can
          > almost assure that the peak is not reached and that it will become
          > much worse in the future, either way we have to put up with so-called
          > outbreaks of viruses and spam, both from legitimate servers as well
          > as hackers and plain spammers. I want to believe in my naive little
          > world that the legitimate servers oftas operated by skillfull
          > administrators which usually solve the problems relatively quickly
          > and for that matter more to lose against any spammers. So when I send
          > my family snapshots to family members and friends with few lines of
          > text it will probably have less than 50% to arrive and more serious
          > for content who must be deliverd. And then we are not there yet.

          No offense, but seriously, is the OP high or what?